PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Standards....
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2002, 07:22
Cart_tart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too work for QFlink and the standards have definitely dropped.
I don't think it's fair to say that just because we're not on mainline that we haven't seen the drop in standards.
All directives re cabin service come from Qantaslink who are directed by Qantas themselves.
Mainline isn't any different service wise than QFlink are. My parents recently travelled over east on Mainline and then on a QF regional and got the same service both sectors. What they received catering wise is exactly the same as the catering we receive. They commented to me on how bad it was and how now they could see what I had meant when I said how gross it is!
I don't think "service" time actually counts as to whether we have actually seen the drop because in the 6 months since AN collapsed I have seen a rapid decline.
Just because I think the standards of inflight service have dropped, doesn't mean I don't like my job or think that QF is a bad airline. Safety record is still one of the best and perks for the employees are way up there (not that I get any apart from the credit union!!). But for them to continue to charge passengers the fares they have been charging they need to lift their game a little.
I saw a press release where they are going to give better food and bigger servings to satisfy "hungry customers". It mentioned that it was due to the massive number of complaints from pax. I haven't seen the new catering yet but lets hope it's a lot better!!