PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vista Jet
Thread: Vista Jet
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 22:54
yannick04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok gentlemen; I am not with Vista (yet) just have some info for all of you:

Austrian Tax system is kind of progressive, like you could read a couple of posts ago: you can expect to loose half your money you make over 50k. The sozial system is not bad though - still I don`t know if it applies to everybody. They contribution 14 salaries in this country (by law) and number 13 and 14 are almost tax free - so if you do a little math 90k gives you about 60k net + per diems which are tax free too in AUT. They started up by hiring nativ pilots (tyrolean aso) and its almost the same salary there.

There is no payscale yet, looks like they are building up something, but it is still a matter of negotiation, the numbers in here come close - still it is nothing like nje with the nice benefit package...

The company is also still young, no details about upgrading or bonding, some ideas are just developing. As long as they hire dec's you might face quite a long time in the right seat or at least stay on smaler ac's.

The base policy is also still developing, but I know guys on the asian operated a/c's (14/14) who operate out of really small airports - it doesn't really matter to them, if they deadhead you out of frankfurt or salzburg/graz or whatever if it goes to hongkong anyway.

The ops on the long haul seems to go towards 9on7off, southeast asia is 14/14 as you have to travell, have 24h and come back too. on smaller fleets within europe there might be a 9/7 or even 7/7 developing.

Thats all I know, going to check this place out, still I am more into airlines...

Cheers Y