PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Course Price Compaisons
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 22:45
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha, I'm not using Daddy's money. I actually work full time, while still doing full time HNC at college
Who said anything about you using Daddy's money? I studied my degree full time too (lets be honest full time study isn't exactly 36.5hrs a week is it?) I worked my contracted 14hrs or so a week and then added an extra 20hrs or so on top. Not including night shift during the holidays.

Last time I looked a HNC is the equivalent to the 1st year of a degree and HND equivalent to 2nd Year of a Degree. So I'm sure you'll not be under too much pressure

Candidate B sounds like he's self selecting.
Ok, I'll correct that to having the cash available to do a TR on anything from a KingAir to a 737/320, I've read many adverts from BizJet companies who will take on a pilot who is not type rated and will bond the pilot for 50% of the TR ... The other 50% comes from the pilots pocket. If you go to FTE over Bristol do you still have that kind of cash lying around?

I would and know of airlines who take
Candidate C (one who actually has a PPL AlphaMale
If you know of an airline who will take on a Pilot with only a PPL then my PM box is ready for you message I can only think on one, that is Highland Airways and they will probably have some ex-Silverjet / Zoom / XL FO's sending in their CV's so I'm not holding out for much.

Like I said, I'm all ears

Has 300 hours JAA CPL IR UK issued.

Seems to be the way nearly all our students get hired.
That's reassuring to know, as I'll be looking to study here in the UK for CPL/MEIR (probably with Bristol with it being just over the bridge).