PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 21:11
Euroboy39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am so incredibly bored of Manchester fans with chips on their shoulders moaning about BA and BMI (and yes, my local airport of Manchester!). I believe whole heartedly in the idea of supply and demand- if the premium passengers are really there, as so many seem to claim, then some airline will see the potential and jump into these routes. It's quite telling that BA and BMI can't make longhaul from Manchester work and VS has not expanded beyond a handful of leisure routes. If you are right, there is no need to worry, as surely AF, LH or someone else will JUMP at such a profit-making option!

I've said it once and I'l say it again- BA does not owe anything to anyone other than its shareholders. These ideas of airline 'loyalty' are misplaced. Please can we stop BA-bashing (or BAshing, haha), as it's so tiresome to read.

On a positive note, its pleasing to see Easy expanding, albeit slowly at Manchester. I'm a tad surprised at only one daily frequency to Paris, but I guess that they want to test the waters first. Air Canada is more good news and they should do better now that some of the competition has disappeared and people are increasingly concerned about whether their airline will actually be running by the time they take their flight! Great news!