PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 18:39
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While i dont agree with everything you've said i do agree with this but then its the usual suspects on this forum trotting out negativity. I would have more realistic expectations of what the US deal will deliver to SNN but its the same story from certain people. They had cityjet gone from Shannon before the route even started, had said all t/a services would be gone from shannon years ago, complain about all the money given to shannon that they can't quantify or detail, who whinge when they have a crap terminal and moan when they are asked to pay something for a new shiny one (tis all the dubs fault, they promised us, they said they would) which cost nearly 10 times what was spent on Shannon's a few years previously.. In the grand scheme of things and by world standards Cork's critical mass is just as small. Its still a very small city on the edge of a tiny island on the very periphery of Europe...

Its the same story all the time, any time there's a development in or discussion about Shannon the Cork crew are out in force...it will never work, it'll be gone in a month..bla bla..any discussion thats starts on here is negated by the constant begrudgery coming from 'da real capital'.
Its not just the airport though, the same ****e went on when Thomond Park was being rebuilt..it'll never work, it should be moved to Cork bla bla bla..
Even their hurling team are on strike FFS..
vkid,
get your facts straight. Noone even mentioned Cork until you did. In fact the most vocal 'naysayer' Skipness One Echo is from London (as you can see from the location field). Why is it that if anyone from anywhere says anything even remotely negative about Shannon yer attitude is that, oh well they must be from Cork if they don't think Shannon is the centre of the universe.