PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Nov 2008, 13:09
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Falcon.

Not everybody within that large number of FO's has the required experience to bid for command, and with the dearth of flying at present, they won't be building up hours in a hurry either, so the numbers may not be as bad as they seem. Judging also by some of the previous postings quite a few may be looking for pastures new when things do pick up. Finally as I understand it, if the company need Captains in a hurry then seniority is not the only criterion. That of course may be a thing of the past now but there are still quite a few airframes on order and the larger ones with ULH capability often do augmented crew trips requiring 2 captains. I'm not sure of the exact crew/airframe ratio but under the present system there will still be a requirement for captains, which of course creates spaces in the smaller fleets. I still think it will be 2 years plus but you would be amazed at how fast time passes, especially when you are nearly 90 years old like me.

Keep your chin up.