PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOAC to the Caribbean
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 11:37
b377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOAC caribbean routes 1958, 1961 & 1964 time tables

As a very young boy ( hence my hazy recollection) I flew with my parents to London in above years. I was fortunate to get from this thread a 1962 time table (thanks!) which listed the very Britannia flight we took from Bogota to London and back in our June to Sept 1961 holiday. Great! (age 7+)

However the 1958 & 1964 flights are not so clear. The outbound flight in March 1958 was rather convoluted ( for varoius good reasons) via NY having flown from Barranquilla, Colombia on Avianca to Montego Bay then connecting there on to NY, on what I presume was by Pan Am, then by BOAC Stratocruiser to London. The return was more direct to Montego Bay from London ( with a refuelling stop at Bermuda I pressume) again to connect with the Avianca Super Constellation service to Barranquilla. ( age 4+ )

The July 1964 trip started in Barranquilla, via Pan Am DC-6B to Kingston where we took a BOAC B-707 flight to London via Montego Bay. However the 1962 time table does not show a more direct 707 route from Kingston to London, all shown are via NY, so I pressume the '64 routes had changed by then to exclude the NY stop on some shedules. I'm quite sure that Bermuda was not a stop in that flight but went straight from Montego Bay to London for a quite early AM arrival.

btw, the return trip was by ship at my mothers request (!) from Southampton to Cartagena (via Spain and Canarys)

If any one can help me with the detail of the 1958 and 1964 time tables I would be grately appreciative.

many thanks to all.

Last edited by b377; 20th Nov 2008 at 14:34.