PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 11:26
DME Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How It Is

mrfilbert, the current situation is this. The cadets with EJ and Monarch are coming to the end of their line training period, my friend has 3 line flights left with EJ. I happen to know that BALPA and CTC are doing everything they can to help these cadets with their situation.

Cadets have graduated since (I am one of them) and are currently in CTC's famed hold pool. As far as jobs go EJ have requested people onto the 737 in Jan, Feb and March. Cadets get employed on a CP by CP basis, i.e. CP1 has priority over CP2 has priority over CP3.

As far as currency is concerned CTC have given cadets refresher Sims to keep their skills current. It is in their interest as what good is a whole bunch of cadets with lapsed licences to them.

The FACT is that the airline industry is cyclical, it has peaks and troughs, always has and always will. If I were you I would go full throttle into your training because I guarantee that by the time you finish the industry will have picked up and once more fallen off and picked up and fallen off etc. etc. etc. The airlines are going to start finding it easier since the oil price has dropped so significantly and passenger yields are still high.

I appreciate how hard the decision is to make but trust me, I know from experience that the training will be the best thing you ever do.

Last edited by DME Dave; 20th Nov 2008 at 11:49.