PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 11:04
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a fine line...

What, we should just sit there silent, taking whatever comes along? A lot of this discontent comes from being at the sharp end, knowing what the problems are but being told by someone who must be using the Psychic Hotline how things are going to work out.

Believe it or not, sometimes I was recruited when I was just sat there quite happily doing some other sort of work. (I guess this is the mirror image of what was just posted.) Gee, that must be the employer asking the employee to accept work. Okay, it was usually just that the incumbent was less competent /more dead than me but...

Having duly been recruited I then found myself treated with at best benign contempt since my name now appeared on a contract! I had to ask myself, if I am such a dud, why did they seek me out? Was someone just playing a joke?

Nowadays we get all this grand rhetoric about giving feedback, your opinion is valued, our employees are our most important asset, blah-blah-blah... when the reality is still that the guys at the sharp end are treated like children by management that has other priorities than sorting out problems. If you still have a pair this can cause friction, yes!

SASless, well, you have to know the man. Part of what he writes, he forgets to put his hat on out in the hot sun or a big one just got away and he has to work that stress off on poor old Bristow when it's really Count Tireburst to blame. That said there is always more than a grain of truth in his posts, I find.

Plus, like me, he is a well-balanced American, a very rare find! Ask any Brit and they will tell you what that means.

Last edited by chuks; 20th Nov 2008 at 15:32.