PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tigers For Kids Charity
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 08:04
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard another whisper last night from someone at Barton that the aircraft has now been effectively 'impounded' by the CAA - anyone at Barton care to comment or tell us what has happened to it?

The personalities in this matter are well known to lots of people, and not always for the right reasons. Mr Matthews has an interseting past, not least of all his little venture as outlined above in the 'Sky Marshall' fisaco.

If you do enough digging, you'll see that the trustees of this 'charity' are (or at least were) no more than his mother, his brother's girlfriend and I understand his uncle also - a right little family affair!

I have also heard that he is being investigated for flying the Tiger Moth, with children passengers whilst it is an 'unairworthy' condition. I very much hope the CAA withdraw his licence, things of this nature must not be allowed to continue under any circumstances.

And £60,000 a year! I wonder where it all goes?

Peter, thanks for the link - I was 99% certain that this was the same chap, obviously you think the same!

Well done to the Rochdale press for publicising things and shame on the Lib Dem MP for promoting it and not having the courage to remove the item from his web site:

Tigers for Kids (Winning for Rochdale with Nick Clegg's record breaking Lib Dems)

The Winco