PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impacted ear wax
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 04:42
Ten West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! This thread was a lucky find. I've just had this problem recurring again in the last few days and I was after some advice.
I had a prticularly painful ear infection some months back, and went to my GP for the 1st time since 1988.
She had some student medical tyypes 'sitting in' and after taking my blood pressure and asking me how much I smoked (WTF has that to do with the price of fish??) Cursorily examined me and told me that I didn't have an ear infection at all, but a mildly sore throat that would rectify itself given a few days.
Obviously I was a little unconvinced at this, given the amount of "Green s**t" (Don't know the technical term, sorry) that had been dripping out of said ear, but I surmised I was on a hiding to nothing with this particular doc and left.
The pain got worse that night, so I drove back again in the morning and got a second doc to take a look. "Yep. It's infected all right. Have some antibiotics" was his response.

Anyway, it's now come back again, so I'm going to try the warm oil technique and see if that does any good. Can I use 15W40 or does it need to be fully synthetic?