PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC Test
Thread: IMC Test
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2002, 21:46
TheSilverFox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle, I'm a little disappointed with your "What route would that be" comment!

As an examiner myself I am fully aware of the requrements of the flight test.However, a little common sense should be applied as to the interpretation of the requirements rather that just blindly and pedantically following the written word!!!

It does not require the greatest stretch of imagination to design your radio aid tracking element to simulate a route! In the case of kitkatpacificuk's example, if he uses Southend he is probably testing from an airport other than that used for the approach(ie Redhill or headcorn) therefore asking the candidate to intercept and mainain a specific radial to the DET and then to intercept and maintain a specific QDM to the SND meets the requirements of the test but also demonstrates the candidates ability to get from A to B (Quite a useful skill as your just about to authorise him to do so in zero en-route vis!)

As examiners we should all be looking at the big picture. With a little imagination we can achieve this without stepping outside of the published test requirements.