PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spata...so no it's Open??
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2001, 12:29
Taildragger

Talking

Yep no BRS. The BSM's are needed for the sorter. No BSM, the bag goes to the problem bag chute and has to be sorted manually. Currently around 85% and rising, of bags have BSM's. BRS will go in later in the year, and of course, uses BSM's also. I repeat, Gates are a host issue...Cute as you know is simply a gateway.
Only one airline experienced this problem and no rpt no others had a problem in this area.
Not being defensive (Honestly) but the airport has had soooooo much undeserved criticism recently which should have been directed elsewhere, that I just want to put the record straight. Put it down to the enormous hours that I and so many others who wanted to see this airport work, put in over the first few days. We are proud of the achievement. I think you will agree that airport operations wise, all has gone remarkably smoothly.
Everything going great right now, and has been since three/four days after the opening.
Curbside is fully now under the control of the Police who have finally sat up and taken notice, and last weekend was a joy to see.
The number of tickets issued would use up a forest the size of a small African country.
And it showed with the lanes in front of the Terminal running smoothly, except for tourist buses which is being addressed.
So.....If you are in ATH E-Mail me and I will gladly buy you a Mythos and chat about it.