PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lan Peru Interview
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2008, 18:16
FlyingOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyV,

Spot on, latest word on the "street" is just that, frozen or postponed, but not cancelled for now. KIAD was scheduled for Jan, a date had even been set, but now the rumours are for Ops to begin sometime in April.

This equates to about a 3 month delay initially, which by the way is just about as long as the Boeing employee strike. No doubt this affected delivery of the last few hulls to the 767 fleet. One could also suspect (given the current economic climate and starting an ops in the dead of winter to an unfamiliar airport) that it wouldn't be completely prudent to do so at this point in time. Coincidentally, I was told that my command course was also being delayed 3 months give or take.

My understanding is that the company is still in need of expat Captains and experienced FOs with view to early commands given the projected growth for 2009. Low time expat FOs apparently aren't needed, because there are still some salvageable pilots in the local market. However, a recent lowering of required minimums for internal upgrades may see a reduction in required expat numbers on a whole. Re recruitment, my guess would be to expect them to be back on track come March or April.

Internal rumours are rampant of the incoporation of either A340 or A330 for LPE and XL MAD routes, currently served by the limited B763ER, since Boeing announced further delays for the B787.

Saludos,

OW

PS: Has your start date been postoned? I figured you were on a course by now...............

Last edited by FlyingOW; 18th Nov 2008 at 18:30.