PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salt in an already deep wound!
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2008, 14:26
BWFiftyworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tzimsha - Having made you views quite clear, why not go back to the original post and have a look at the question - he was asking about TRTO's and how much one is supposed to be expected to spend on one's training. I don't believe he fell for any FTO spin (pardon the pun). From what I can see, when "times is good" everyone gets a job; when they're not so good, modular guys with time (inc on type) may well get jobs as easily as integrated pilots, but 1) modular+hours building takes a year or two or three; 2) integrated low hours pilots will get jobs as FO's in airlines where they want relatively low cost hires and consistency of training. It seems to me to be a tradeoff - cost -v- time to qualify. The nearer it gets to 2-3 years after qualification to get a job, the more the cost gap narrows (i.e. the sooner one starts paying any loan off, the quicker it goes down) and I'm sure you'd all rather be in an airline job sooner if possible. By all means, give the benefit of your experience - BUT we can all find something to be bitter about without any help from others...! Good luck to you as well...