PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIRGIN BLUE !!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2002, 14:03
FloatJockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nop! At least not on Women's Weekly...

There is a little something I'd like to mention about VB but I'm not sure it will be understood. I am not an ex-Ansett and I wish well to all the people both at VB and from ex-Ansett. However I have a baaaaaaaad feeling about what's happening and I need to get it off my chest...

My feeling is that VB advertise jobs on newspaper 'cause they want Australians to believe they welcome all the ex-Ansett people on board... let's call it another advertisment campaign...

I don't believe they want people with a lot of experience since they could not mould those who already know how to get the things done well. I don't even think they'll change their (mysterious) "entry criterias" to help the unemployed people already in the industry. I know, I know: This is business, not charity! But still!

I dislike the description they use for their own cabin crew: "people with the Virgin Flair"... What does it mean anyway? You can invent whatever you want when you are an IT or an H.R., but it's like saying that Coca-cola is better than Pepsi... (or Virgin Cola... ). At the end you still get stomach burn... and they still hire who they want without telling you why "Thanks but no thanks"...

I don't think any of the ex-Ansett people that attended an assessment day ever got a job with VB... I really would like to read about someone that got in and can stand up and say "Yes, I am one of them!". Why do you think they call people of all age and background to their assessment day?? Really you think they have a chance? Or is it a way to capture people' attention and play Mr. Right in the industry?

Somebody will take over the ex-Ansett' routes (but not the ex-workers) and make snot-loads of money... and that will definitely create some bitterness (we are all tax payers after all!).

Mmmmhhh... I doubt this post will be welcomed.

Mrs. FloatJockey

------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I loosing my sense of humor? Naaaaaaaa!

Last edited by FloatJockey; 2nd Apr 2002 at 14:07.