PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gays in the RAF
Thread: Gays in the RAF
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2008, 09:21
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"However, you cannot reasonably expect people to change their attitudes overnight. Many of us will never consider homosexuality to be in any way 'normal', so if you openly flaunt your sexuality don't be surprised if you quickly become very unpopular."

When I joined up we were told, in the first week, very forcefully, that just in case we didn't already know or hadn't previously shared military accommodation and facilities before, that anyone caught in a homosexual act, of any sort, would get a very swift DCM followed by six months in Colchester and a dishonourable discharge, (no pun intended). That ruling remained throughout my time in the service and the reasoning remains with me today.
Highly probable that GaiPilot is a wind up, possibly already front seat of something very fast, but if not then I get the impression he has come on here to announce himself rather than to genuinely seek advice, in which case he is already setting off on the wrong foot as yes, he is flaunting his sexuality, who needs that?