PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Portable Traffic Collision System. (PCAS)
Old 18th Nov 2008, 03:20
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr

You are obviously having a bad day. It shows. Doesn't make you correct.

For your information my former aircraft, worth $75K, was NVFR and relied on the ADF and VOR for fixes. Nothing misleading or ignorant about that mate.

Likewise for your information ASA have been copping substantial flak from Albury where the locals are obviously mislead and ignorant in wanting the NDB retained.

USD $2700 plus fitment plus updates might just be a little burden for those not currently residing in the manor, old chum

The bit about Bing was satire as you well know from my debates with him. No-one is going to turn off the satellites but they do have outages and the data card example was given to me at a meeting on the 10 November. It's real, or the highly qualified pilot was perhaps mislead or ignorant?

The garmin GPS on the yolk will get you down? Which TSO does it meet to be legal? The navaids are actually there for legal and safety purposes or the 495 (I have one as backup) would be standard fitment in the A380.

Get real and stop talking complete crap - yourself - and apology for responding in kind, not my usual style.

Owen

I've looked at the backup network with someone not far from you and it's OK, although Forrest might be a little lonely.

I've also put a paper to ASA re going 'global' for WAAS to try and get enough critical mass (global meaning farming, mining etc in Oz).

PS - what happened to the Tommy - storm?