PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gays in the RAF
Thread: Gays in the RAF
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 17:48
x213a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it was a wind-up chaps. (I bit also).

Nevertheless- I think the best advice for any prospective members of the armed forces who are partial to mincing is...

Be yourself. You will be judged on ability, personality and the ability to laugh at oneself. BANTER holds the forces together. Banter, as said before, homes in on whatever sets yopu apart. If you actively identify yourself according to sexuality then the AF do not need or want you. You will only blame any criticism on your abilities on your advertised sexuality and thence discrimination..

To any gay people out there (I think this thread was a windup but)...Dont identify yourself by your sexuality. Prove yourself through aptitude and personality. If you manage that then even if you were accused of being a baby killer the lads will still look to defend you if possible.

Sexuality is not an identity in the armed forces. It never has been and hopefully never will. Being good at your job and integrating forms your identity. You may be a prick, you may be not. It wont be primarily down to your sexuality though.