PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Fallen
Thread: The Fallen
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 14:13
theotherhalf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al R

There is no need to apologise as you did not offend me. It takes a lot these days to make me that upset. I have lost most of my family now, but my children are fit and healthy and for that I am eternally grateful. I have protected them from so much over the last few years but have had to turn to close and wonderful friends to support me. I miss my mum and dad and wish they were here now but I have to replicate their role for my own children.
Time goes by and if I have realised one thing, it is we learn very little about an awful lot. Sad really but that is human nature. We do things because they seem right at the time - sometimes we cringe later, sometimes breath a sigh of relief but I doubt whether we actually really learn. History shows that, which is why this film is of the moment, and probably the only people who will benefit are those who took part - who knows. Some will say who cares. Well I do and I imagine so will others, but the film was made for a variety of reasons and will be viewed in a variety of ways, yours included as you have the right to do.
Thank you