PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Fallen
Thread: The Fallen
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 12:57
theotherhalf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al R

Whether you meant to offend or not, I suspect that you have. This film was in the making for a very long time. Time enough for people to reflect whether they wanted to be involved or not, time enough to withdraw and certainly nothing personal was used if the family did not wish it to be. I find it difficult to see why so many wish to discredit the film (after watching all of it)? when all you needed to do was switch off. If it offends you - which it seems to do - then why not switch off and keep your own councel, a freedom that these brave men and women and their families have ensured that you have the right to do - just as those who took part had the right to do. Nobody made us make it and nobody made you watch it. Back to freedom of choice I think. Even the making of this film is part of history, good or bad, thats up to the individual but in the end people made their own choices as to take part - or not. To say what they wanted -or not and finally to watch it -or not.
By taking part it made me consider my own position and it has enabled me to move forward, and maybe that act alone allows me finally lay my man to rest.