PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening at Bankstown
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 12:32
aviationadvertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everyone for your continued support.

We have been registering phenomenal inbound traffic to the Bankstown article and I have received so many personal messages from people giving me their support and encouragement to keep the momentum going. The viewership has covered just about every continent of the globe that has a general aviation industry! Thank you to everyone from PPRuNe that has helped provide the awareness this particular issue needs here in Australia and abroad.

Clearly this is an issue that everyone in Aviation around the globe is touched by, and its great to see so many pilots and individuals from Australia coming forward and committing their support.

I understand, to some, signing a petition may be seen as an insignificant and pointless undertaking, given the gravity of the current situation. Aside from representing the individuals who have signed this petition, it represents the thought that the entire aviation community can be heard as one - and cannot be ignored.

For many years now, the Australian federal government and of more recent, the private companies that are now taking advantage of the aviation businesses that they hold captive in their monopolies, have relied on fragmentation and in-fighting inside of this industry. This fragmentation and dissolution has provided the perfect environment for these organisations to pass policy that ultimately will deal a crushing blow to this great industry, leaving many of us unemployed. It has also kept the media at bay, with the eyes of journalists focussed on the personalities, rather than the issues and crimes that are being committed.

Through choice or not, the time for change is now upon us, and as an industry, we must all go forward or face the continued destruction of something that so many people have worked so hard to create. Each and every pilot, aircraft owner, aviation business operator or passenger stands to loose something significant. The responsibility in creating this change falls squarely on us all at this time.

Of course, this issue will not solve overnight. There will be many fights and battles ahead in the quest for change. However, with the support of the aviation industry working together, I believe there should be no challenge great enough to stop this change occurring.

Thank you again for your support.

BENJAMIN MORGAN