PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Pilot Strike - where's the news?
Old 17th Nov 2008, 12:18
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retirement is not all it is cracked up to be, the first couple of months are fine but after that when all the gardening and decorating is finished it is a little boring.
Well jean Phil, I am sorry you feel that way. Life's bloody short and you don't get a second ride.
There are hoodle of nice things to do..................apart from gardening / decorating. Indeed, I'd be bored stiff too.
Dunno, why don't you buy yourself a 4 wheel drive and drive around Australia for a year. I assure you your outlook on retirement would change immediatly. In short get out of the house.
When I think about retirement I really get panicky I won't have the time to do all I want to do and I assure you I am not joking, I really mean it.
When I'm on my death bed I certainly won't be thinking " God, I wish I had done one more NRT ".

What is the problem with this for AF pilots, Do they really fear the option will become something complusory? I would say that is very unlikely
Sorry to difer but it is very much likely. We've learned at out peril what the governement word is worth. No more than a huge pile of dung.