PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Horrors
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2002, 08:43
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
FFF congrats on becoming a member of the "throwing tenners onto the fire" club

Seriously though, good luck with the Europa, bit faster than a Super Cub!! I trust you have actually joined the PFA....

People always seem to complain about the cost of engineers. The chaps I know charge a reasonable rate (in both senses) and they are quick and efficient. I'm prepared to pay for this kind of service because I value my aeroplane and my life. However they are different form most engineers in that one is freelance and the other chap owns the airfield. From conversations with them, young people entering the industry are offered all the negative points that Rob L and Firkin L pointed out. Can't blame them for not being interested in GA.

Slow payment of bills was another major complaint. Where do people get off be getting work done costing possibly thousands in bits and then taking weeks (sometimes months) to pay? Try doing that at your local garage.

Why skimp on maintenance? Who's life is at risk here? Oh, that'll be the chap/chapette who skimped on the work then. Tossers. Unless you're extremely lucky the sound of wings clapping hands over your head is a sound that's only heard once.