PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man killed in Norfolk plane crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 11:32
Chipmunk Janie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at the AAIB's hangar this week. If there is anyone who is unaware of the amazing work that these people do, I cannot recommend enough learning a little bit more about them.

As most of you are aware, following an accident, they do not sit around discussing it, the way we do here; they go into intense scientific analysis of the entire situation. They look at the condition of the aircraft before and after the event. They have means of telling whether damage to an aircraft was there prior or post an accident. They interview survivors, witnesses and family. Meteorological conditions and a whole number of other circumstances are taken into account. No stone is left unturned.

Importantly, their reports are purely objective. Subjective views are dangerous.

If someone posts something on a forum that I find upsetting, I send them a PM rather than bite in public. I am fortunate have had 100% success rate for turning people's attitude around by this method and I invariably befriend the person who originally upset me.

I have been absolutely devastated by the loss of Ian and I barely knew him. So far, his loss has brought a lot of people closer together and that has to be a good thing.

My thoughts are with his family, friends and the tractor driver; my prayers are with Steve and Stik.