PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man killed in Norfolk plane crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 11:22
C172 Hawk XP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question restricted view . . . . ?

What happened is unfortunately clear for all to see
Sorry, is it just me who's being a bit thick here ? That's a fantastic picture above of the approach to 24 at Seething, and the airfield map is useful too, but, if anything, they have left me even more confused about what happened and how it could have happened.

I thought I'd read earlier in the thread of some sort of obstructions to the total view down this approach ( hedges, trees ?). But there simply aren't any.

If, as has been said, the tractor / sprayer was on the land to the east of the 24 threshold, in that view above how would it be possible for anyone with normal vision to miss it ?

I'm now beginning to suspect that this may be more to do with the forward views available out of different aircraft, maybe even from different seats. The view from the front seat of our C172 is just like out of a car windscreen - just like the view shown above. I've never been in anything like an Eagle, and still less in the back seat.

Can anyone with such experience confirm whether the view posted by Phil above would be available to someone in the back seat of an Eagle ?
If not - is this not now something of much more concern ?