PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 10:47
Edmund Spencer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teeej
As usual your research is amazing. Thank you and well done.
Mr Bernoulli, thank you for a very interesting source. Any chance we can develop this and get a copy of the map?
I am currently looking at some very interesting stuff provided by Donadille who led the three Daggers against Steve Thomas and Sharky Ward on 21st May 1982.
All three Argentinean pilots survived this one and we have some absolutely amazingly different accounts about what actually happened.
The main stories are from Steve, Donadille and Sharkey.
I have spoken with Steve Thomas recently about this and it is hard to reconcile with Sharkey's book.
We all see air combat from our own little world and, let's face it, how many times has the biggest bul****ter won the fight! - In the debrief (At least until we went to the American ACMR's)
For those of you who have read Sharkey's book, consider this:
They are both on a parallel track heading west. Steve is to the north and Sharkey to the south.
They initiate a parallel turn to the right. Half way through the turn passing approximately north Steve inverts (this was his habit) and sees two Daggers in quite close formation passing under him.
I have yet to get from Steve what he said to Sharkey but I do know he aggressively turned on these two guys (Donadille and Senn) and shot them down in quick sequence. This sequence is exactly mirrored by Donadille. Sharkey subsequently shot down Piuma, who for some reason had neatly presented himself directly in front of him.
None of us can figure out what happened with Piuma. He ran in initially to the north of the formation but was eventually shot by Sharkey heading from the south to north east??
If we look at Steve's and Donadille's account there is something badly flawed about Sharkey's

Thoughts from the forum?
ES