PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Services Priorities
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 10:07
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry if anyone got the wrong idea from my post, I think T Bar summed it up nicely, neither SH or LH is better we are just different, which is what I was trying to say. I didn't know that LH used to do those short sectors so I was just 'thinking out loud' as a MAYBE why Straughanie noticed a change.

I only mentioned it because a few LH crew I spoke to said they had to get used to doing this a lot faster (in 4 or 5 hours instead of having the longer stretches of service as you do on Oz-US flights for example)

I'm not saying the service is worse its just different... friends of mine who fly PER-SIN and MEL-SIN regularly kept mentioning it...

At the end of the day as said it matters how we feel in our jobs... I for one love what I do and I loved doing Singapore trips especially... even the shuttles... hard work yes but you really felt a sense of achievement getting all of that done in 12 hours

However things go we do need to stick together, and again I''m sorry if that post came across as having a bitch at LH crew. I wasn't. I admire the fact that you guys got thrown back into the shuttles and just got on with it because they are bloody hard work!! Wouldn't it be cool if we could spend a week doing each other's flights... I'm sure I would have a new perspective on LH from doing it and not just relying on what other crew tell me...

The main thing is, Q need to get a grip on what is important... all these silly details and peeing matches about name tags and whatnot.... who cares... as the passenger says, what matters is the crew and how they treat the pax... treat the crew nicely and the results might improve! People are not robots and no matter how much we love our jobs, if we get fed up (we are only human after all ) then it WILL show.... Short Haul or Long Haul or Kiwi or Thai. We are all crew and we are all human!