PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man killed in Norfolk plane crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 07:53
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now, back to celebrating the life and times of Ian and wishing Steve well. Please?
With all due respect why? Most people have no idea who they are, they mean very little in relationship terms to other than a very few people on here. So an endless list of tributes who did not know them seems a little false and seems only to make those that did/do know them feel a little better. nothing more.

As far as speculation on accidents are concerned again it may hurt the sensibilities of a few that knew these people but speculation that will make people think and try and avoid the same situation can only help to prevent a similar tragedy.

As I see it the situation is fairly clear an aircraft with poor forward visibility low on finals possibly into a winter sun hits a farm vehicle on the undershoot to the runway. 1 person killed one critically injured. The lesson to learn for me would be to make sure I landed longer into the runway (that runway is plenty long enough).

In fact reading these posts there is very little in the way of speculation, just plenty in the way of people spouting off about how we should not be talking about it.

I knew both of the pilots in passing, pleasant people and a loss to aviation.