PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Fallen
Thread: The Fallen
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 07:28
theotherhalf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the fortunate position of knowing I gave the man I loved the time and attention he needed, wanted and deserved. He returned it 100%. We shared a life that was fulfilled in the way we lived it. I cannot imagine how it must be for those who did not spend that time or have regrets about how it was left when their loved ones departed but I hope they look back and remember the good times. I think this film tried to portray how grief and loss touches every family, very often in similar ways. It is not judgemental and again, whenever you are dealing with a media organisation, never say what you don't want aired. I don't think by next week, many people will be able to remember what was said and I doubt whether this is a film is one which people will watch time and time again because of its emotive content, but I do think it was cathartic for many and maybe will allow healing. Something we all need to do. How you handle grief is up to the individual but I do think that we all need time to stop, and let the wound close. The scar will never go away, nor cease to itch but our lost men and women deserve to have their peace too. They can only get that through us.
To use this comment
No doubt it will win awards at the Media Navel Contemplating End-of-Season do's.
is a little churlish and uncalled for and I am not happy that someone can make such a comment when they have not experienced what far to many of us have.