PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview at the IAANZ in Christchurch New Zealand
Old 17th Nov 2008, 06:56
hef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just remember you will be paying 7 point something % interest on that student loan if you leave NZ.

I have some Aussie mates who decided against training in NZ because after the interest, travel, accomodation, a car, etc etc it just wasn't viable. Also the big one...the 50 hours extra required for an NZ CPL.

I'm not trying to put you off, I would love you to come train in our beautiful country and inject badly needed $$'s into our economy, but think about it

As for IAANZ, I didn't train there but I did train in the helicopter school about 100 metres down the road about 4 years ago. I had a few lectures there so I got to know a few few people training there. As far as I can tell it was a very good school, I never heard anything negative mentioned about the place. (Mostly) Modern fleet, very nice buildings/ facilities etc, friendly staff/instructors (don't know anything about experience levels though), amazing mountains fairly close by, brilliant cafe serving fuc*ing amazing pies. That's about all I can tell ya.

Good luck

Last edited by hef; 17th Nov 2008 at 07:07.