PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gays in the RAF
Thread: Gays in the RAF
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 03:20
hoofie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind up surely ?

This has to be a wind-up surely ??

I would hope that anyone wanting to join the RAF as a pilot [and been selected as such according to the original poster] is so determined to do so that ANY obstacle, including a homophobic environment, will not get in their way - I know there are a number of posters here who have been in that situation in the past but got on with it.

If the bloke who started this would take the time to read pprune [both now and many times in the past], it would be clear to him that your personal job and task performance is what counts, not what gender you prefer in bed.

I'm just a civvie but still have a nagging regret that I didn't pursue at career in the RAF when the chance was there. And as a humble civilian, I think the original poster has his priorities way out of whack and honestly doesn't sound like the type of person who deserves or should receive the privilege of flying anything for his country. And no doubt when he is chopped, he will blame it all on 'homophobia' rather than admit he just wasn't good enough.