PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar rated controllers in Tasmania?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 23:56
Spodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like a typical loaded question, and you had to have read hundreds of your other posts to get what you are on about, but I will answer it anyway.

Melbourne Center provides an enroute radar service over Tasmania using the un-duplicated portable radar that seems now permanently in place at Launy. It provides coverage down to ground level at Launy and about 9000 FT for arrivals via CLARK into Hobart.

Services in the terminal area below 8,500 FT are provided from the towers. They have a TSAD radar display, which they use for situational awareness, not to provide a radar service. The Tower controllers are suitably trained and endorsed to provide a procedural approach service, the radar controllers are not suitably trained or endorsed to provide a radar approach service.

I don't work that sector any more, so I don't know what is planned for when the multilaterator comes on line this year.

In summary, to answer the question you asked literally, yes. To answer the question I believe you think you asked, no.