PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad weather accidents and GPS
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 23:05
Flingingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was me mistakenly thinking this was a GPS based thread rather than another round of IMC flying in a single

The existing thread contains all the arguements so there seems little value repeating them or having any more slanging matches.Suffice to say both sides seem to consistantly disagree. However even the most vocal voices are trying to make things safer, albeit with a different approach.

HM has a passion for his beliefs that at times his posts hide slightly

The scuba diving analogy got me thinking though.................

Basic divers are shown and taught to only conduct dives that don't require decompression. Even so some people get it wrong and get ill and/or die.

Perhaps to get some clarity you could post a similar thread on a diving forum. I wonder if experienced and qualified diving instructors and/or experienced commercial/saturation divers would advocate exposing inexperienced divers to recompression diving just so they can experience it, or perhaps letting them get a minor case of DCI just so they can better handle it.

£50 to an aviation charity of your choosing says they'll advocate training people to be aware of the dangers and act sensibly, rather than take needless risks, and that the qualified (who also work within the diving industry) will have an issue with training people illegally and/or with unsuitable equipment

Last edited by Flingingwings; 17th Nov 2008 at 07:55. Reason: Mods have deleted some posts and now mine seems to make less sense