PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Fallen
Thread: The Fallen
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 21:39
theotherhalf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exploitation

I don't think there was exploitation at all. If you don't want to be treated as a job - don't talk to the press. If the families felt they were exploited they did not have to take part. For the most part it was just families lost without their loved ones, having the chance to say how they felt. No-one needed to say anything they did not want to - I know, I took part.
However, I do feel that it put into perspective - for me at least - that I wasn't the only one consumed by loneliness and loss and made me realise that my feelings were not unique even though the man I lost was.
This was a remarkable opportunity not only for us to examine how we felt in a totally different way but also for others to share for a just a moment, what it is like to face such tragedy.
The children involved in this have lost so much and yet their ability to be matter of fact and stoic is an example to us all in how to remember and mourn with dignity and grace.
No, I don't think it was exploitation at all, there will always be a fine line that should not be crossed and in this case I don't think it was.