PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Pilot Strike - where's the news?
Old 16th Nov 2008, 20:21
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me Myself: you forgot to mention that AF is only profitable because they have a de facto monopoly on their home market. Just wait until competition pops up that they cannot buy out or kill off by unfair competition or lobbying the french government for legal obstacles for LCCs.

Easy and Ryanair are slowly chipping away at the AF block. You will be better off if you look further into the future in stead of stubbornly hanging on to all kinds of perks that might jeopardise the future of AF. Standing up for your rights is one thing, and you are entitled to do so, but look around you in Europe: airlines (pilots included) need to be realistic as well.
I take it you're jesting right ?? You must be.
Long haul is were the money is, short haul being there to haul paxs to CDG . Where plane becomes unprofitable, then we'll train them to CDG with bullet trains starting 2010. Don't know what Easy will do about that one, maybe feed our hub ?? That would jolly nice of them.
Retirering at 60..........sxuse me !!! A perk ??? Well then BA, KLM, LH are perky porky allright. Where do I apply ??? Is this the kind of realistic you're refering to ??? I'm all for it. If your kind of realistic is Ryan Air, well then............I pass.
[QUOTE][Perhaps BA should send some managers over the Channel to show French how things are done./QUOTE]
Indeed, that would be rather drole. They'd be sent back riding a rail covered with tar and feathers.
As to the money lost, thanks to Lufthansa who blew the wistle on us after having been part of the deal on fixing freight prices, AF had to pay 500 Mill Euro fine to the US. LH walked out clean. I wonder if there's a name for that ? The strike wouldn't feel my piggy bank in comparison.
Surely you people can better than these lame comments about " French striking ?? Oh Mon Dieu again !! But of course " This is really becoming boring to the point of..........YAWNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnn !! Off to bed !