PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots and stewardesses caught in parking blitz
Old 5th Oct 2001, 01:24
Doctor Cruces

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
sapco2,

No, I do not have a bad attitude towards aircrew, just plebs in general who thimk rules don't apply to them. I was answering specific points brought up in other posts within this subject. Nor am I a policeman, just someone concerned with actually being blown to bits whilst going about their lawful occasions. Just because I have seen a pilot get out of the abandoned vehicle and go into Olympic House does not mean that the next concerned person who passes the same car has the same degree of knowledge that I do. Anyway, whats the best disguise for a terrorist at an airport? A member of staff or perehaps aircrew? How better to leave a little prezzy for us than to say I work for xxx and I'm just going in there for a mopment, then nip straight through and into a waiting car at the other side and bingo.

Why also must all aircrew think those of us who are not must be either incapable or jealous. I have never been jealous of any aircrew having chosen my career path many moons ago and been happy with it and the financial reward it reaps. Plus I get to work with mostly great people, some of whom have become lifelong friends. Funnily enough, a lot of them are aircrew.

And yes, I do know 411A personally and I can say he is one of the folks I would be proud to call friend, and the fact that he recommends that even PILOTS who park on double yellow lines get booked does not mean he is acting like a pr**k, just that he believes like so many others (including pilots) that pilots do not have double yellow line parking rights.

To answer HugMonster, no I don't see the point of clamping a car left in, say, Tower Road at MAN. That only helps the potential terrorist by making it harder to move. I would however favour the it being checked out by those in the know and if proved to be just a prat who thinks he can park there anyway, a hefty ticket being stuck on it and then have it towed away.

As I said before, the vast amount of aircrew do not think their position gives them special rights over double yellows. Indeed it is not just aircrew who are guilty of this around airports. However, seeing as 411A was talking about pilots parking on yellows and being called names for common sense, I figured to keep on the subject.

Doc C.

[ 04 October 2001: Message edited by: Doctor Cruces ]