PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 16th Nov 2008, 16:17
Flintstone

At the risk of appearing smug it's threads like these that make me glad I went the bizjet route rather than airlines. Certainly there are some bad owners but I've been lucky enough not to have to deal with many of them apart from when working for a well known fractional. In those days the worst offenders (few and far between) were 'new money' and junior/middle managers. Those with nothing to prove were and are a pleasure to deal with.

I used to spend a lot of time positioning on commercial airlines while in uniform and there was much fun to be had. During a 'conversation' with a business class passenger who was talking over the safety brief I was informed he would have me fired. "I doubt it. I don't work for BA" was the cue for a round of sniggering among passengers and cabin crew alike

Another flight, this time with Air France, drew complaints from passengers asking the CC why I was being allowed to travel with them. After all, I was merely staff, non? On take-off a succession of loud thuds shook the aircraft and every head in business class turned my way seeking reassurance. "Don't ask me, I'm just the hired help" I told them and went back behind my newspaper.