PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad weather accidents and GPS
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 13:45
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joel .... a sensible , non biased and objective post ...what a delight
Our friend Helimutt is obsessed with my comments about getting people into actual imc even for a few seconds . I threw a curved ball ( just to get people thinking , as i knew the cost factor of a twin would come in ) and suggested possibility of TRAINED IFR pilots taking them into bits of cloud at safe height in a cheaper single . Apparently it is a daft idea that anybody can fly in cloud in a single . Maybe that IS the case and i am wrong . but i know of many pilots i respect who believe it can be perfectly safe to go into cloud ( not in all cases ie where ils may be needed ) en route where there is lower ground ahead and good cloud base in a single with a proper i panel . Remember there are fully legal ifr singles out there on the N. Are they dangerous ? I am sure he means well but he aint half bossy Even daft ideas should be looked at as they may move the debate to an area that DOES have merit . I stick with my view that ALL pilots should HAVE to have exoerienced actual cloud . I also agree with dunker training , night training and to a small extent eol,s , albeit they are our least threat imho. And JJ you know i would be lost without my gps !!!