PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad weather accidents and GPS
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 09:13
VeeAny

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
HillerBee

The site you linked to has some interesting stuff on another page Interactive Safety Courses a set of mini course some of which relate to what we are talking about here.

I haven't had time to look at them all so they may be crap, but an initial glance they seem ok.

Biggles99 the post PPL training is the bit I am trying to get people to look at as I can't force syllabus changes (nor am I the person to do so) we are building a rough syllabus for those who are interested of suggested advanced training subjects, but as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water etc. The good news is that this suggested syllabus is not just my opinions but those of people like JJ and others like him. Pre and Post CPL training is a valid point also a CPL holder is not necessarily the holder of infinite wisdom or experience as we discussed on the phone the other week.

[RANT with a bit of thread creep ]
If you learn to fly at a school,hour build there and then do your CPL with them, do not accept a "just go flying thats what everyone else does" kind of attitude from them during your hourbuilding expect some guidance form them, in return you should be willing to pay to fly with an instructor every now and again to increase your skills, find a new school if they take no interest in you.
[/RANT]

Cheers

Gary