PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet - 3
Thread: Easyjet - 3
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 09:12
Pinkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speevy, Overwing

We've had the debate endlessly on pprune. Overwing is asking whether there is a effectively a 'single culture' that runs through an airline and whether, when that is evidenced on the cabin side as inadequate (poorly trained, rude, hostile, demotivated staff etc.) whether that evidences similar attitutudes in maintenance and crew training and proficiency.

The conclusion always seems to be that it depends. Overwings post touches a nerve with his comment about SOME Asian (and African) airlines, many of whom dont even realize they have a culture. I have had that, but I have also had the same experiences around the world with large European carriers. Only last year I sat at Schipol for 50 minutes after scheduled departure time for a 747 flight to CGK, watching the flight deck crew read their newspapers and when I asked the cabin crew, they said they were too scared to ask for information on why we were delayed. Extraordinary!

Equally, I know that some lo-cos have a duality where their training and crew scheduling systems are really first rate compared to the bare-bones approach to passenger management. I use consultants that also work for airlines and I know some of them DO NOT do the bare minimum, in fact some of their programs would put mainstream carriers to shame.

So you really can't say. But you can make an educated guess. And if you ask around you might get some surprises.

Pinkman