PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair incident Ciampino.
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 08:27
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the wing was also touching the floor,
Really? All the pics I see show a slight L wing low attitude with the Left Engine on the ground? Which part of which wing was touching the floor?
for all the cabin crew know it could be a fuel leak, possible fire . . . .
Agree... but I see nothing in those criteria for CC to consider such matters. The criteria are clearly laid out for the situation you currently face. If something changes, then reassess against the criteria...
many different things, we are not pilots. But that is clearly a wing down attitude.
Yes it is. But I might counter that it is not An unusually exaggerated .... wing-down attitude and that where remaining on board could cause injury or death did not apply.
And if i was flying i would of got off my jump seat and open my door.
It frightens me to hear you say that
One thing i will say about FR is that it always puts safety first.
Fine - but which airline does not?

The curious thing about this discussion is that, despite you saying you are Ryanair (?) Cabin Crew (?) Trainer (?) and that they should have evacuated on thier own initiative, it would appear the crew on the day did not?

To echo other posters, on many aircraft types, if the CC evacuate with the engines still running, you are very likely to kill passengers in a horrible way If the Flt Crew are still concious and able to communicate, it is almost certainly better to await their decisions - which will likely be based partially on the reports from the CC.

As above, in my company, the CC Initiated Evacuation criteria have been recently tightened up... and a good thing I would say too. The ones you quote are fairly clear, but in my opinion need to be followed exactly as written... if one starts interpreting them to mean what might happen, then their true purpose becomes lost

Not intending this to be an argument, just each learn from the others' viewpoints

NoD