PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 16th Nov 2008, 08:17
worst-class

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's not a case of serious abuse or potential offloading, it's usually attention seeking. Some people have no shame when it comes to screaming , shouting, complaining loudly and generally causing a scene. I uphold my company's rule in that there is no excuse for being rude to a customer (though I'm sorely tempted on many an occasion!). I firstly sort out their immediate gripes, listen empathatically, state the solution, or at least what CAN be done at 30' feet and then go completely out of my way to bend-over backwards and be as charming as possible ....to all their surrounding (and suffering) passengers, whilst paying them the least amount of attention possible. Of course I'm still courteous to the trouble maker, but absolutely spoil everybody else, thus gaining support and hopefully making them feel small and perhaps a little left out! Playground tactics I know, but always works with the overgrown spoilt brats, plus how can the upstart blame me when everyone else has had the best service imaginable.