PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Academic qualifications a problem?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 07:11
Airflight69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Academic qualifications a problem?

Hi everyone, before i start i would like to apologies if this topic has been tackled in previous threads. I did do some research but i could not find anything in regards to background education for securing a job in aviation industry.
Due to the unfairness nature of this life i was forced to drop out of education before i could achieve any graduation, GCSE`s or any relevant qualifications. I am, financially, edging ever closer to starting my dream of being a pilot, after five years of hard work and the last thing i want is to find that my education status will impend me from getting a job after i shelled out £60K for training.
At the current state of the industry securing a job requires everything going for it plus a tone of luck. I want to make sure that, when the time comes, i have everything going for it.
Also, english is my second language and apart the fact that i can speak it, i have no qualifications to prove it.
How much impact will this have on a piloting career? Working as a FI sounds more than ideal to me, but if i ever get that far i`m sure i`ll want to go further.
Thanks in advance.