PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad weather accidents and GPS
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2008, 23:12
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VeeAny some very good points. I had not really thought about the FI part, i was lucky enough to have a chief pilot who took me through every possible trap i may come across before i did each job . ( including "actual".. oops there i go again ) . In fact most cpl,s will have the benefit of a chief pilot to fly with for extra training something that the ppl doesnt have .
I cannot think the insurance co,s would have a problem with covering the training if it was done in a known area without pylons etc and proper minimums . I will ask them ... Maybe they might even encourage this training and apply a small discount if you "pass" this course ? They will be just as aware that cfit is costing them a fortune ( not to mention the human cost ). I can see no reason why you are NOT allowed to fly your robbo/ jetranger at night without special training but ARE allowed to fly in poor weather with NO training at all !!! You are right and it is illogical especially if you did your licence in the US , in which case you may never have flown near a cloud ( and dont need a night rating to fly at night ) then you come back home to yorkshire and fly in, shall we say, challenging weather more days than not .