PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet - 3
Thread: Easyjet - 3
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2008, 22:37
overthewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF here. Easyjet flights seem to consist primarily of queuing, whatever priority you think you've paid to be. You pay for priority boarding and still end up in a queue, even though it's apparently a queue to get on first.

I've given up flying lo-co, because the savings usually evaporate once you factor in luggage, check-in and transport from a secondary airport. In the febrile atmosphere of some lo-co departure lounges, the rudeness of staff (and I do understand how their patience has been eroded) often has tempers at boiling point before you even reach the plane. It's a draining experience. I'd rather pay what often turns out to be a low premium to check in online to a specific seat, get my G&T free, not have to find cash for my toasted sandwich, and not feel guilty about the case in the hold. It gives me confidence (although that confidence may be irrational), that the company won't resent deploying the oxygen masks for me, or replacing the l/g tyres if the tread looks less than optimal.

I know that many of you work for lo-cos, so I hope I'm not offending you by wishing that this is not the future of passenger flying. It makes 'SLF' a horribly un-humourous acronym.