PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You know you're in Latin America when........
Old 15th Nov 2008, 17:15
FlyingOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priceless gents, all sooooo true, cracked me up all morning! I particualrly liked the one about the Miami pax and their "carry-ons", what a beauty!

Other nicknames include "el loro", "el negro", "el chato", "el orejon", "el pelado" and "el cabezon"

A few more,

When you call "Sta. Maria, Sta Maria Radio, LAN Peru 706, on ......." and they say "who?/ aircraft calling?" And you have to call back saying LIMA PAPA ECHO 7 0 6.

When ICAO Level 6ers proudly (with chest puffed out) call Miami App "This is LPE511, B763ER, descending through FL xxxx to FL xxxx, with information xxx, xxx miles south of xxxxx" and MIA ATC responds "roger"

When the dispatcher says "Capi there is a little extra on board"

When the FE (back in the day) says " yupp, 35 feet screen height" on a 12,000 ft runway and you cross the FIR still in climb for FL 280

When your fuel burn is "close" to the zero degradation FPL numbers

When the local airport ramp is a "mock" mojave desert for seized/confiscated aircraft suspected in drugs trafficking

When crew members/ suitcases/ carry-ons get searched everytime you arrive in the US

When the motto is "lo que pasa en el tubo se queda en el tubo"

When allowing your FOs to address you on a first name basis is considered good CRM

When you are told "no me digas capitan.............dime comandante"

Keep' em coming.............

Last edited by FlyingOW; 15th Nov 2008 at 20:31.