PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Pilot Strike - where's the news?
Old 15th Nov 2008, 17:06
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luc !!!! You are a gem !!! I would have lost patience long time ago.
I've already forgotten our fellow country man's name living on the other side of the channel but here it comes :
First, CRPNPAC isn't bleeding..........sorry, wouldn't be bleeding cash if the governement had decided to implement the bloody reform that took us 2 years to come up with, garantying full pension at age 60, and not before that, like it was the case where you could collect your pension after 25 years. This makes the fund sound over the long term precisely to ensure a safe and full retirement at 60. Odd that most of those who want to carry on are .........against the reform !!
Not enough for uncle Nicolas though who would really like to merge our (' juicy ) fund with the general system, which sure as egg, would have us work until 65 because that's the rule that applies there.
Apparently a lot of people on this thread haven't got the grip on the fact that ( most ) AF pilots do not wish to work after 65. If some fools want to work themselves to the grave, be my very guest, but do not force others to take a shovel.
As long as I do not see my contract changed, by all means do go ahead. This is the very issue of the strike.
Now, spare me all that nonsense about the travelling public's wellfare and this sickening PC.
Strike is messy and ugly, it's about yes !!! GREED !! And as Gordon Gekko and his fellow vultures in the ............errrrr City !! said " Greed is good " .
Merely applying a concept you Poms have embraced long ago ; so please spare me with your pontifying and hypocritical comments about wellfare. Defending your rights, I say again rights can be bloody at times.
There is no other option apart from...........keeping a stiff upper lip. Wrong side of the channel for that I'm afraid.

If you in the UK want to get nicked keeping your cools, then again, go right ahead. And while I'm here most of you should really get to the bottom of this, provided you are interested. People didn't wake up one morning last week saying " Gee !! Let's have some fun and make people's life miserable " This is the result of months of feud and mess where SNPL was basically........invisible and pilots too lazy to worry about something they thought was taken care of while they were suning themselves on the beach.
In the end all this is about fairness, decency and keeping one's word ( governement ) as well as respecting elected representatives (' one of which I'm not ).
Then again, if you want to live in a world where a minority of people with not representation rights can have their own agenda with parliament and impact big time on your life, then get rid of BALPA but do not mess with us !
Luc, I hope you're not too bruised mate !

Last edited by Me Myself; 16th Nov 2008 at 19:57.