PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2008, 15:38
3D CAM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Crab, oops sorry, Crabette.

I hope you feel better for that. Unfortunately all you have done is show just how little you know or understand about the current situation. Or are you hiding behind someones coat??? CHC emblazoned perhaps!!

We are all deeply embarrassed by the way this has panned out. We are more than six months down the road since the 139 was introduced to service, at Lee, and we are only now getting towards making this machine safe for night ops in the U.K. Agreed a lot of work has been done in the last 2 weeks, and is still being done but the question is.. why has it taken so long and why did it take direct action to get things moving??

In a previous post, I said that the previous contractor was complacent in the bid for this interim contract!! CHC are now equally complacent in just assuming that the crews will " just get on with it!" Recognise those words?? You should do, you used them in a previous post when I had the temerity to suggest that the 139 was not up to the job. Who's right now?? And by the way, I have no say in whether this aircraft is fit to fly at night or not!

We are here to provide a service to the public as you so rightly point out, but we need the correct equipment to do that safely! Give us that equipment and we will "get on with it!" And I don't mean a Bristow S61!!!
There is no point in a shiny new 139 whizzing out at warp speed into the middle of the Channel and then not being able to do the job through lack of safety margins/equipment that should have been fitted from new build!! "Crab" would be the first one on the bandwagon saying they could/should have done the job in the first place.

The whole idea of this interim contract was to go forward, well let's do just that!!

3D

P.S.

I missed your post before it was got at by the mods. Hope you enjoyed it.