PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ADSB
Thread: Merged: ADSB
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2008, 06:03
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob

Now everyone will understand why you shouldn't have been allowed near the ADS-B debate.

Receives - exactly.

The transponder in an aircraft responds to interrogation. MSSR and TCAS are two such interrogations. One reason TCAS is so expensive is that it has to TRANSMIT an interrogation.

The el cheapo passive units receive information only when something interrogates. So they are not worth a pinch of nanny goat excreta away from radar or TCAS.

I find nothing in the item you posted to assist Jabba as you claimed. In radar you already have ATC cover, the TCAS a/c pinging you knows your whereabouts - BUT AWAY FROM THAT YOU ARE BLIND.

Don't talk to me about fraudulent. I endorsed something for the good of aviation safety and aircraft owners. Something you bagged but could not explain why to Peuce. And obviously from this latest 'drivel' don't understand. Go hang your own head in shame and go back to imbibing Avtur.

But first read up and comprehend why you have no understanding of the Zaon unit. The price was the dead giveaway for starters.